What Equipment Do You Use for Online Teaching?

Links and instructions about adding classes to the website, etc, and this seems the logical place for it all to sit.
AndyW

Hi folks, I'm looking into starting an online class in April and researching what equipment I might need. Things I've seen recommended are a webcam, wireless mic, and some lighting kit. Can you let me know if you've had to buy anything to run your online classes? Thanks.
Hilary

Hi Andy,
I use a Rode Go mic and Logitech C960 webcam. I do not have any special lighting.
Good luck with the new classes!
Hilary
AndyW

Thanks Hilary,

Most of the advice I've looked at has been for online yoga teachers, but seems it's all pretty similar.

I've seen the Rode Go mentioned in a bunch of places. Do you use a lavalier mic with it?

Regarding lighting, are you teaching in the evening when it might be an issue? I could see getting away with it in the day, but perhaps it's more necessary in the evening?
Hilary

Yes I have the lavelier mic, it works really well.

I do teach from home in the evening and have not had a problem with just using the normal light here, but I think the webcam is quite good at dealing with / compensating for the light.
AndyW

Great, thanks Hilary. I'm going to look into getting something next week.